We hire visionaries, innovators, strategists and problem solvers who want to reinvent the online beauty experience. We pride ourselves on being nimble, flexible and creative all while maintaining a financially healthy business. We work hard and we play hard. If you like creative collaboration, being self-empowered, summer hours, parties, wine tours in the famous Willamette Valley and holiday dinners at some of the best eateries in the world, come join us at b-glowing in Portland, OR.
It goes without saying we offer generous benefit program including company paid healthcare, 401k and profit sharing. Come Make Beauty with b-glowing!
We are currently hiring a Jr. Merchandise Manager
Reports to: Chief Merchandise Officer
Responsible for acquiring, launching, and managing third-party brands and their products for maximum revenue generation. Pitch and represent b-glowing to potential new brand partners. Act as liaison between brand partner and internal departments to maximize revenue opportunities.
Be the main point of contact with the brands, responsible for:
- Build b-glowing relationship with the brands
- Coordinate brand promotions and determine marketing channels for promotions
- Collaborate with Merchandising and brands to obtain exclusives and ensure access to inventory for new launches
- Collaborate with Merchandising and brands on co-op opportunities
- Negotiate brands’ participation in high profile events
- Coordinate brand training with the beauty concierge, Customer Service, Marketing and Creative
- Schedule and conduct planning calls with brand account representatives as necessary to stay on top of new product launches
- Strategically plan promotions based on brand demographics and marketing channels to maximize revenue opportunity
Recruit new brands
- Present new brand ideas to Merchandising for consideration
- Negotiate margin and terms
- Collaborate with Merchandise team to determine which products and quantities to carry
Internal department support
- Notify Operations department of all price changes and PO updates as well as provide miscellaneous Operations support
- Collaborate with Creative and Marketing on campaigns and promotions
- Collaborate with Creative department by providing product picks and assets for promotions, blogs, and other campaigns
- Notify Merchandise Assistant about new brands, products, and various changes/updates to existing brands and products
- Provide Merchandise support to Customer Service department
Analyze brand performance
- Monitor health of brands’ performance, and share results and next steps
- Review and proof site and marketing content/newsletters for spelling, grammar, and hyperlink placements
- Represent Merchandising at Marketing meetings, educating team on new brands (“why are they special”) and reporting on what is working or not
Who You Are
- 2+ years working experience. Brand management, marketing, ad agency, or ecommerce experience is preferred. Beauty industry experience highly desired.
- Strategic, intelligent, proactive and have strong initiative
- 4 year college degree or greater preferred
- High proficiency in MS Office
- Superior written and verbal skills
- High level of maturity and diplomacy
- Strong Interest in fashion, beauty, social media and pop culture
- Self-starter, organized, able to independently determine priorities
- Team-focused, positive ‘can-do’ attitude
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.