We hire visionaries, innovators, strategists and problem solvers who want to reinvent the online beauty experience. We pride ourselves on being nimble, flexible and creative all while maintaining a financially healthy business. We work hard and we play hard. If you like creative collaboration, being self-empowered, summer hours, parties, wine tours in the famous Willamette Valley and holiday dinners at some of the best eateries in the world, come join us at b-glowing in Portland, OR.
It goes without saying we offer generous benefit program including company paid healthcare, 401k and profit sharing. Come Make Beauty with b-glowing!
If you are interested in any position at b-glowing, p?lease email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
We are currently hiring a Lead Software Architect
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Architect, design, and build solutions for end users that are highly scalable, resilient to errors, and provide visibility to the organization.
Who You Are
You are first of all passionate about the success of your team. It is not enough for you to succeed, you need the software that you design and build to be transformative for the good of others. Not only that you are passionate about scaling, performance, and efficiency. You cannot stand building brittle and slow software. You are always looking to improve the lives of your team, your customers, and external collaborators. You have a strong background in designing and building high performance solutions where every last ounce of speed is required. You understand the broad level business requirements and know how to make a system that will best serve that. You have spent years making disparate computer systems communicate and integrate well. Accuracy is critical to you because you know that small errors multiply over time. You enjoy working with a team and providing technical insight on difficult problems. You do not have a problem explaining technical details to those who need to understand. You are excited about building solutions that enable the massive scaling of your organization and making them resilient.
- Work with Executive Team to decide on technical direction of company and provide understanding of the resources required
- Make recommendations for improvements in workflows facilitated by improved software systems
- Architect, design, and build solutions for end users that are highly scalable, resilient to errors, and provide visibility to the organization
- Collaborate with the various departments to create solutions which improve workflows, eliminate errors, and enable massive scaling
- Design and build solutions to integrate the various software systems that run the organization
- Passionate about designing and developing solutions to improve the lives of others
- MS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent education
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development and design
- Excellent object-oriented analysis and design skills using proven architectural patterns
- Experience with Microsoft technologies, especially C# and SQL Server
- Experience with SOA standards, including SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML, XSD, XSLT, UDDI and WSI
- Experience with Relational Databases including design, development, and normalization
- Experience writing integrations between software systems that are resilient and performant
- Experience developing multi-threaded solution for maximum performance
- Understanding data design fundamentals such as relational databases, ORM, NoSQL
- Ability to communicate technical details with peers
- Ability to collaborate with a team and communicate clearly
- Experience using source control Git, Github or similar tools
We are currently hiring a Jr. Merchandise Manager
Reports to: Chief Merchandise Officer
Responsible for acquiring, launching, and managing third-party brands and their products for maximum revenue generation. Pitch and represent b-glowing to potential new brand partners. Act as liaison between brand partner and internal departments to maximize revenue opportunities.
Be the main point of contact with the brands, responsible for:
- Build b-glowing relationship with the brands
- Coordinate brand promotions and determine marketing channels for promotions
- Collaborate with Merchandising and brands to obtain exclusives and ensure access to inventory for new launches
- Collaborate with Merchandising and brands on co-op opportunities
- Negotiate brands’ participation in high profile events
- Coordinate brand training with the beauty concierge, Customer Service, Marketing and Creative
- Schedule and conduct planning calls with brand account representatives as necessary to stay on top of new product launches
- Strategically plan promotions based on brand demographics and marketing channels to maximize revenue opportunity
Recruit new brands
- Present new brand ideas to Merchandising for consideration
- Negotiate margin and terms
- Collaborate with Merchandise team to determine which products and quantities to carry
Internal department support
- Notify Operations department of all price changes and PO updates as well as provide miscellaneous Operations support
- Collaborate with Creative and Marketing on campaigns and promotions
- Collaborate with Creative department by providing product picks and assets for promotions, blogs, and other campaigns
- Notify Merchandise Assistant about new brands, products, and various changes/updates to existing brands and products
- Provide Merchandise support to Customer Service department
Analyze brand performance
- Monitor health of brands’ performance, and share results and next steps
- Review and proof site and marketing content/newsletters for spelling, grammar, and hyperlink placements
- Represent Merchandising at Marketing meetings, educating team on new brands (“why are they special”) and reporting on what is working or not
Who You Are
- 2+ years working experience. Brand management, marketing, ad agency, or ecommerce experience is preferred. Beauty industry experience highly desired.
- Strategic, intelligent, proactive and have strong initiative
- 4 year college degree or greater preferred
- High proficiency in MS Office
- Superior written and verbal skills
- High level of maturity and diplomacy
- Strong Interest in fashion, beauty, social media and pop culture
- Self-starter, organized, able to independently determine priorities
- Team-focused, positive ‘can-do’ attitude
If you are interested in any position at b-glowing, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.