Congratulations to our 2013 Cosmetic Executive Women Insiders' Beauty Award winners!
Cosmetic Executive Women, Inc. is a nonprofit professional organization made up of over 5,000 executives in the beauty, cosmetic, fragrance, and related industries. Each year they test, vote, and announce their top picks in various beauty categories. We were thrilled to see three b-glowing favorites recognized this year!
BATH AND BODY
bliss Fatgirlsixpack: Winning the award for 'Best Bath and Body Prestige' product, Fatgirlsixpack by bliss is a tummy-toning gel with 6 active ingredients and an innovative ab-activating applicator. Paired with healthy eating and exercise, this product was designed to assist you in your quest for defined stomach muscles.
GlamGlow Super-mud Clearing Treatment: Winner of the 'Best Acne Treatment' award, this miracle mask by GlamGlow was scientifically developed to help fight all common skin concerns. It's ACNECIDIC-6 technology contains a six acid blend that is perfectly PH balanced for rapid results. From relieving problem skin and minimizing pores, to stimulating collagen production and reducing the appearance of fine lines, this mask does it all, and is a must-have for all skin types!
Jack Black Dry Erase Ultra-calming Face Cream: Winning the title of 'Best Men's Grooming' product is a pretty big deal! But we understand why this skincare solution from Jack Black took the prize. This skin-calming lotion provides long-lasting moisturization throughout the day, reducing redness and irritation. We love its non-greasy formula, as well as the calming properties it offers post-shave. A great gift for Father's Day!
Check out these products and much more on b-glowing.com.
Shop Earth tu Face here.
When Sarah Busco and Marina Storm started making skincare products in their kitchen for personal use, they probably didn't anticipate their tinkering would go any further than their own home. However, shortly after their initial experiments, these two herbalists from California turned their recipes into a full-range of 100% natural skincare products. Having just launched in 2012, Earth tu Face has already received high praise from Marie Claire, Vogue.com, and Harpers Bazarre, as well as other top authorities in the biz.
Free from toxins and synthetic compounds, Earth tu Face believes you should never put on your skin what you wouldn't put in your mouth. With products designed to restore and rejuvenate skin cells, Earth tu Face is free from fragrances, fillers, preservatives, and chemicals, and uses reusable, compostable, and recyclable containers. Mother Earth approves!
We love their Face Serum, made with blue chamomile and carrot seed. This organic facial oil is great for all skin types, and can be used as a daily moisturizer in the morning or a hydrating night treatment, or both!
Check out more new brands and products on our New Arrivals page!
Shop travel products here.
Traveling this summer? Whether you are going cross country for a wedding, or making a trek up north for business, you will probably be packing for one reason or another in the months to come. Making the best use of your suitcase space is somewhat of an art form, or maybe puzzle is a better word.
Here are five tips to keep your 'case in place:
1. Plan ahead. The week leading up to your travels, look-up the weather in your destination, then pack your outfits accordingly. Shirts take up less space than pants, so try to plan ensembles based on your bottoms. Shoes also take up a lot of space, so pick your favorite pair to wear on the plane, and pack one alternative. If it's not raining where you are going, leave your umbrella at home. If it's going to be 90 degrees, don't bring a heavy jacket.
2. Pack outfits. How many times have we packed 12 shirts for a 3-day trip? Save space and time by packing complete looks (including jewelry, undergarments, and PJs), and nothing extra. If it helps, you can write down the pieces you need to pack on paper, and cross items off as you pack. Not only does this save you space in your case, but it will save you time on vacation. With each outfit planned in advance, you can be ready and out the door with ease.
3. Get help from your host. Take the time to call your hotel and ask them what kind of toiletries and appliances are available in your room or are accessible at the front desk. A lot of hotels have additional products available for guests, that aren't necessarily listed on their website. For example, travel toothbrushes, toothpaste, aspirin, etc. If you are staying with friends or relatives, the same advice is applicable.
4. Mind your makeup. Beauty products can take up more space than clothing for some travelers. Here's a trick to ensure you are only bringing the necessities: When getting ready the day of your trip, take a makeup bag and set it next to you. As you are getting ready, place the items you use for your go-to look in the bag after you are finished using them. When you are done getting ready, you will have everything you need in the bag, and nothing extra. Throw in a bright lipstick or alternate eyeshadow if you have a special event planned.
5. Leave room to grow. Utilizing all these tips will leave your suitcase looking svelte. Avoid the temptation to throw in items and fill it up! This extra room gives you the opportunity to do some shopping while you are away and bring home souvenirs.
Now that your bags are packed, it's time to go! Whether you are leaving on a jet plane or hopping in the ol' station wagon, make sure you remember to pack the most important thing … a smile!