FREE Deborah Lippmann Addicted to Speed Top Coat (1 oz) with storewide orders $75+ Code: SPEEDDRY - see all offers >
In honor of National Stress Awareness Day, b-glowing spoke with skyn ICELAND Founder Sarah Kugleman about her favorite ways to relieve stress, plus the products she uses to relax her skin.
SLEEP TIGHT TO RISE AND SHINE
1. Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night to relieve anxiety and ward off illness. Sleep helps lower cortisol (stress) levels. When cortisol is too high it has a negative impact on our body and skin. When we sleep, our body releases human growth hormone, which helps to repair tissue and increase circulation, resulting in a healthier and happier you!
At the start or end of a long day, I like to use our Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels to smooth fine lines, diminish dark circles, reduce bags and to just sit back and relax.
A HARD DAY’S NIGHT
2. Pamper yourself. You only need 10 minutes before bed to rejuvenate with our new Fresh Start Face Mask to clear your pores, smooth and revive your skin, and feel refreshed and relaxed. Follow up with our new Arctic Elixir Serum with Raspberry Stem Cell Complex to repair, restore and recharge your skin. Taking good care of your skin now protects it against stress in the future.
3. Develop a routine. When you’re stressed, it’s important to take care of your physical health. I try to work out three times a week and splurge on regular massages to relieve the tension that builds up from stress. It’s important for your mental well being to take care of your body. I work with a cardiologist who just wrote a book about self care. It is important to take the time each day to care for oneself; it’s the little things that can help to make us look and feel our best.
FIND THAT FEELING
4. Practicing yoga is an incredible way to release tension. It forces you to take a breather from life’s stresses and focus on inner balance and peace. When we are calm on the inside, it has been proven to show on our skin on the outside. Even simple stretching and meditation at home can work wonders for your body—both inside and out.
5. Drink plenty of water! I aim for 32 ounces per day to stay hydrated. Omega-rich foods such as salmon and avocado can also help to decrease internal inflammation.
Read More »