Enter our Let There Be Light giveaway here!
We’re giving FIVE lucky Facebook fans an Illume limited edition Gilded Amberleaf Metallic Knob Tin, valued at $23.50 (and perfect for the holidays). This Metallic Knob Tin makes a fashion statement in any home! Featuring an embossed geo-glam medallion and knob lid, the Amberleaf scent is a seasonal favorite, with notes of rich cedarwood and golden amber, infused with mandarin, vetiver, vanilla and tobacco.
Known for style just as much as scent, Illume candles are top-quality and fashion forward. The designs make perfect additions to the home, especially the limited-edition holiday collection, and with scents from full and warm to light and fruity, you’ll find the perfect fit.
Choose from colorful tins, sophisticated glassware, boho chic, and holiday favorites. The mini tins also make for perfect gift giving and stocking stuffing!
In honor of National Stress Awareness Day, b-glowing spoke with skyn ICELAND Founder Sarah Kugleman about her favorite ways to relieve stress, plus the products she uses to relax her skin.
SLEEP TIGHT TO RISE AND SHINE
1. Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night to relieve anxiety and ward off illness. Sleep helps lower cortisol (stress) levels. When cortisol is too high it has a negative impact on our body and skin. When we sleep, our body releases human growth hormone, which helps to repair tissue and increase circulation, resulting in a healthier and happier you!
At the start or end of a long day, I like to use our Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels to smooth fine lines, diminish dark circles, reduce bags and to just sit back and relax.
A HARD DAY’S NIGHT
2. Pamper yourself. You only need 10 minutes before bed to rejuvenate with our new Fresh Start Face Mask to clear your pores, smooth and revive your skin, and feel refreshed and relaxed. Follow up with our new Arctic Elixir Serum with Raspberry Stem Cell Complex to repair, restore and recharge your skin. Taking good care of your skin now protects it against stress in the future.
3. Develop a routine. When you’re stressed, it’s important to take care of your physical health. I try to work out three times a week and splurge on regular massages to relieve the tension that builds up from stress. It’s important for your mental well being to take care of your body. I work with a cardiologist who just wrote a book about self care. It is important to take the time each day to care for oneself; it’s the little things that can help to make us look and feel our best.
FIND THAT FEELING
4. Practicing yoga is an incredible way to release tension. It forces you to take a breather from life’s stresses and focus on inner balance and peace. When we are calm on the inside, it has been proven to show on our skin on the outside. Even simple stretching and meditation at home can work wonders for your body—both inside and out.
5. Drink plenty of water! I aim for 32 ounces per day to stay hydrated. Omega-rich foods such as salmon and avocado can also help to decrease internal inflammation.
It’s certainly been quite the month for b-glowing brands! We’re thrilled to announce that many of our brands have been getting media attention. From head to scent, magazines have been name dropping, and these are the products they want you to get your hands on.
Koh Gen Do- Macro Vintage Mask: Mentioned in the October issue of Health magazine, the Macro Vintage Mask was chosen as one of Jessica Alba’s “Top 5 good, gentle products”. It increases immunity, while regenerating ingredients empower the skin, creating hydration that lasts for hours.
St. Tropez- Self Tan Bronzing Mousse: Winner of Allure’s 2013 Best of Beauty for Body Bronzer/Best Traditional Self-Tanner, Cosmopolitan’s “Best Self-Tanner” for the Global Beauty Awards, and Glamour’s "Best Body Bronzer or Self-Tanner: From Department/Specialty Stores" in their 2013 Glamour Glammy Awards. So…what are you waiting for?
Adara- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil: InStyle magazine chose this nourishing body oil (great for the hair, too!) as one of its Best of Digital Beauty picks in the November issue, even calling b-glowing.com “Rad, Emerging Talent”. While we’re honored on both accounts, we’re also excited for Adara’s well-deserved attention, as it’s one of our staff’s favorite products!
Etat Libre d’Orange- Archives 69: Also chosen in InStyle’s November issue, this inviting fragrance was another Best of Digital Beauty pick. With top notes of tangerine, pink berries CO2, and pepper leaf, we love the scent for its versatility and sense of freedom.