Take Home the Gold
Posted on 02/11/2014
The 2014 Winter Games are in full swing, and to celebrate, we’ve gathered a team of products so you can…TAKE HOME THE GOLD! With these gorgeous products, you can stand on any podium proudly (and look great doing it).
Gold Flake Blotting Papers-TATCHA Aburatorigami
Leave your makeup alone as you gently remove excess oil and sweat with this 300-year-old Japanese beauty secret. Your makeup will last longer, courtesy of this powder and prime alternative, so you can look fresh even if you don’t quite feel it. Plus, it’s fragrance-free, powder-free, oil-free, all-natural and biodegradable.
Worth Nail Polish- Tenoverten
For first-place nails, this gold metallic nail polish will turn heads. Tenoverten is a polish that’s good for the long-term health of your nails, but still has lasting power.
Meta Blonde Reviving Shampoo- Serge Normant
For the blondes (or the brunettes with highlights) this shampoo glorifies beautiful blonde hair, so take home the glory! Blonde pigments enhance hair color as a refresher and aid in the prevention of color fading. While it works great for natural or color-treated hair, it’s not recommended for pale or platinum blondes unless golden tones are desired.
WINK Cream Eyeshadow in Treacle-Boho Rock Collection - butter LONDON
This easy-to-apply eye shadow feels as great going on as it looks after application. The sheer formula goes on smooth and is easily layered for deeper intensity, allowing you to create your own customized look. The shadow is soft and velvety, easy to blend and does not crease.
With these products, you’ll be ready to conquer the competition. Shop these picks now, and grab the gold.
Related Blog Entries
- November: WIN A YEAR OF BEAUTY Giveaway
- The butter LONDON Wedding Look
- Friday Five Beauty Essentials
- On the Bright Side
- Instant Nail Relief
- Golden Globes Inspired Mani
- Golden Globes Inspired Mani
- b-glowing.com Presents: Holiday Makeup Tutorial
- ENDED 24-Hour Nail Sale!
- 12 Days of Giving with tenoverten
- butter London Illusionist Collection Mani
- What's On Our Nails Today?
- Top Picks: Cult Classic Beauty
- Tips & Tricks: LVX 2013 Summer Collection Nail Tutorial
- Hot Off the Press: Deborah Lippmann, Fekkai, rahua
- NEW butter LONDON Colour Clash Collection
- Tips & Tricks: How to Stay Matte this Summer
- Tips & Tricks: What Does 5-Free Mean?
- NEW butter LONDON Pop Art Trio
- 2013 Summer Nail Trends
- Win the Ultimate Beauty Retreat to New York!
- Serge Normant Punks-Out SJP at 2013 Met Ball
- Royal Baby On Board
- Style How-To: Sleek Ponytail
- B-glowing.com is So InStyle!
- Lucky Magazine LOVES b-glowing.com
- NEW Lip Candy
- Tatcha Founder Victoria Tsai Featured in O Magazine
- Make Beauty. Escape(TM) Runner-Up Shares Her Favorite Picks!
- DIY Nail Tutorial - Glitzy Pastels
- Poolside Blues
- b-glowing Exclusive - Butter London Royal Punch Acetone Free Polish Remover
- Valentines Day Nail Tutorial
- Fall 2013 Fashion Week - Butter London Nails It
- Butter London Spring 2013 Sweetie Shop Collection!
- It's Rude Not To Be Nude
- Heal Your Hair, Soften Your Feet With Editor Picks From Butter London & Fekkai!
- Holiday 2012 Nail Inspiration
- b-CREATIVE Gilded Glamour Holiday 2012 Look
- Staff Holiday 2012 Gift Picks - Kelsey
- Butter London Holiday 2012 Lippy Trios
- Go Holographic With Butter London Fishwife & Posh Bird Lacquers!
- Embrace Winter Blues!
- What's Trending Fall 2012 - OxBlood Hues
- Butter London 2012 Holiday Gift Sets!
- Enter our New York Fashion Week Themed Giveaway!
- New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 - Butter London Nails!
- Go Green This Fall!
- Serge Normant Avah Parfum In Swiss SI Style!
- Autumn/Winter 2012 Butter London Lippys!
- Get Julia Roberts Hair - Serge Normant Meta Lush Volumizer
- Enhance Your Goldi-Locks - Serge Normant Meta Blonde Reviving Shampoo
- Create Bounce With Serge Normant Meta Lush Volumizer
- Butter London Lips & Tips Value Pack
- Butter London Fall/Winter 2012 Collection
- Enhance Golden Tones In Hair With Serge Normant Meta Blonde Reviving Shampoo & Conditioner!
- Get Beachy Nails Inspired By the Sea and Sun
- Say Goodbye To Unwanted Shine With Tatcha Blotting Papers!
- Serge Normant's Avah Perfume In The Zoe Report!
- Serge Normant Avah Eau de Parfum
- Butter London Heavy Medal Trio!
- How To Create Smooth Straight Hair With Serge Normant!
- Butter London Kitten Heels Powder Finish Foot Creme
- How To Create Beach Hair With Serge Normant
- Butter London Value Sets
- Hottest Spring 2012 Nail Polishes
- How To Create Big Hair With Serge Normant
- Butter London's Lillibet's Jubilee!
- Don't You Get Lippy On Me!
- Get Lacquered and Knackered With Butter London's Spring Range!
- Acetone Free: Why You'll Want to Use Butter London Nail Polish Remover
- Butter London Lippys!
- Rodin Olio Lusso Luxury Face Oil & Lip Balm in Harpers Bazaar!
- Nail Skins: Easy, Inexpensive Nail Designs
- Serge Normant Meta Lush Volumizer in In Style!
- Tatcha Evening Aburatorigami Blotting Papers in O!
- Serge Normant Hair Care Products!
- Get Your Irish on: Green Nail Colors for St. Paddy's Day
- 3 Great Nail Colors for Valentine's Day
- Mardi Gras Nail Ideas
- TATCHA Blotting Papers
- Butter London Spring Summer 2012 Collection
- Rachel Zoe Report and Butter London Black Knight
- Best Winter Nail Polish Colors
- Introducing Butter LONDON Nail Skins!
- Butter London's Holiday 2011 Collection
- "THE" Shade for Autumn 2011-Butter London's Wallis!
- Butter London Backstage at New York Fashion Week!
- Beauty Madness in NYC!
- butter LONDON Royal Nail Polish
- butter LONDON "No More Waity, Katie", Patyka, Olivella & PRTTY Peaushun, MADARA & ko Denmark in GOOP!
- No More Waity, Katie by butter LONDON on The Today Show
- "No More Waity, Katie" butter LONDON in The New York Times
- The Wait is Over!
- Gold Flake Blotting Papers
- Rachel Zoe Loves butter LONDON
- butter LONDON Jelly Nail Lacquers
Recent Blog Entries
Koh Gen Do Primer » -
Primer is such an important step in makeup application…which is why it’s the first! It helps set the skin for flawless application, and it can even start the process of evening and correcting skin tone, before your foundation.
Koh Gen Do’s Maifanshi Makeup Color Base is one of our favorites because it’s available in pearl white, yellow, lavender pink, and green—each color specifically suited to individual skin types.
It moisturizes and protects skin with SPF 16 while concealing trouble spots and dark circles, and diffusing redness. Plus, it minimizes the appearance of pores for a smooth, glowing look. Rich, botanical extracts create flawless translucency.
The pink adds a healthy tint and lavender counteracts a yellow cast, while the classic pearl white creates a fine pearl layer for silky sheen. No matter which you and your skin choose, rest assured that you’ll be getting the best with Koh Gen Do’s exquisite products and unparalleled ingredients.
«Winter Olympic Manicure -
We are so excited for the Sochi Olympics and have started gearing up with a festive and easy-to-achieve, Olympic- themed mani. Here’s how we did it.
You will need:
• Nail base/Top coat
• Nail Lacquers
Gold – Deborah Lippmann – Fake It Till You Make It
Red- Tenoverten – Ludlow
Yellow- butter London – Pimms
Blue – butter London – Keks
Green – Tenoverten – Rivington
• A Sharpie
Step 1: Before you do any designing make sure your nails are clean, buffed, filed and that you’ve applied your base coat. Start with your gold polish and paint two even coats. We really liked using Deborah Lippmann’s Fake It Till You Make It because the glitter suspended in the gold polish is actually green, red and blue, so it ties in with the other polish colors perfectly.
Step 2: After your gold base has dried for a few minutes you’re ready to apply the multi-colored tips that coincide with the colors of the Olympic Rings. We applied these tips manually but if you want a guide, you can use some Scotch tape as a stencil; however, if you are using tape make sure your nails are completely dry.
Starting at the left corner of your nail, carefully drag the polish brush in an arch to the right side of your nail. Try starting very thin with this line, as you may need to go back and straighten it. You can do the tips in any color order you want as long each finger gets a different color. We recommend placing the green and red colors away from each other to avoid any Christmas vibes. We used our Sharpie to do a black tip on the thumb, but you can also use polish or leave it gold.
Step 3: Add your USA pride! This is the easiest part of the mani, as you can draw this on with a Sharpie. Black polish can be used, but using a black marker will make crisper lines. We chose to add our USA to the middle finger to balance the manicure, but you can really do what you like with the pattern. Just make sure your nails are completely dry before drawing any characters. Once you are pleased with your results, lock in your hard (well, this is actually pretty easy) work with a glossy topcoat.
We just know the judges will love it.