FREE SKYN ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels with orders $75+ FREE GIFT CODE: SKYNCOOL - see all offers >
Making an entrance begins with a beautiful fragrance—one that’s sweet enough to create a lasting impression, but soft enough not to take control of the whole room.
We have an expansive collection that spans everything from sultry to sweet to musk. It’s about finding your signature and letting your scent speak for itself. We’ve gathered our staff favorites, and these top picks are sure to kick off the New Year in seriously memorable ways.
Nina Lee, Shipping Manager
“This is a classy scent, and stays on all day after just 2 or 3 sprays!”
“A unique scent that I was drawn to because it’s so warm and elegant. I have never smelled anything similar.”
Erika Vedaa, Creative Director
“Seductive and sophisticated, I love the warmth and complexity of this scent.”
Katelyn Stefani, Customer Service Director
“It really has a handle on my two favorite things in a scent: it’s very warm, but also manages to smell crisp and clean. The coconut and almond work well together.”
To shop these brands, and all other frangrances, click here.
Get your best skin this winter by taking care with five essential steps.
Pre-cleanse: loosens and breaks down makeup to pull impurities to the surface.
• Apply your pre-cleanser to the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin and add a little water to help with distribution. Using the tips of fingers, work the pre-cleanser over the skin in small circles making sure to get the side of the nose and hairline. Work over the face twice and lightly rinse with water. You do not need to completely remove pre-cleanser. This is also a good time to remove any eye makeup. An eye makeup remover may be necessary for waterproof mascaras, but a pre-cleanser will loosen most eyeliners and shadows.
Cleanse: Effectively remove makeup, debris, and environmental build up.
• Apply your cleanser in the same manner you would your pre-cleanser and work in the same directions. Work over the face twice and rinse thoroughly. If you still feel like you have excess makeup a second cleanse can be done. Some people only need to wash their face once a day, and if you are a makeup wearer, do this at night, as you never want to sleep in your makeup.
Masks/Exfoliators: Exfoliate to keep pores from clogging with dead skin cells. Masks can be treatment-based to help fight signs of aging, prevent acne, or help treat other problems.
• There are a few types of exfoliators; some are mechanical (beads, sugar, etc), and some are chemical (typically mild safe acids, such as salicylic), and some are even both. Sensitive skin types will usually benefit most from one or the other but not a combination.
Most exfoliators should be worked over the face in the same manner as a cleanser, but spend extra time on problem areas, such as the sides of the nose and the middle of the forehead, between the brows. These areas tend to accumulate dead skin and oil-causing blackheads.
Pay attention to your skin, and go at your own pace. If you feel that something is irritating, or your skin appears redder than usual, maybe skip a day of exfoliating.
• Masks are pretty fool proof, as you apply them evenly to the face or problem area, leave them on for recommended time, and the remove thoroughly with a damp cloth.
Toner: Works to balance skin’s pH levels and refine pores.
• Some toners are mists, while others are applied with a cotton pad or ball. Whichever you choose, make sure you are covering all areas of the face and neck so that the skin is balanced and ready for any serums and moisturizers.
Serum: These active treatments penetrate the skin’s top layer to combat various concerns.
• Serums are generally used to target a concern, such as anti-aging, dark spots, acne or others, so they should be used in your problem areas. Apply liberally, but also make sure you are concentrating the product to the area needed. Allow serums to dry and settle before applying your moisturizer.
Moisturizer: Lastly, provide appropriate lubrication to ensure healthy and happy skin!
• Moisturizers should be applied evenly over the face and the neck. If you are looking to add sun protection to your regimen, now is the time to do it! Moisturizer should be set and dry before applying any makeup.
It’s a new year, which means it’s a perfect time to try new things. Or, to adopt tried-and-true favorite from beauty experts. Yeah, we think the second one sounds like a great way to start the year, too!
For gorgeous hair, brushes, serums, shampoos, sprays, and so many others, can make a huge impact. We’ve compiled a few of our favorites that we think every beauty should have on hand to achieve the best hair…ever.
“I curl my hair everyday because my hair has no body at all when it is straight. But when I curl my hair with this wand, my hair has much more volume! The curls are nice and a bit on the looser side so it creates beach wave curls. It's my favorite!” —Nina Lee
“This tames my very long, coarse hair to salon style in no time. I love the loose waves I get from this tool; the look is polished but seems effortless.” —Erika Vedaa, Creative Director
“I also love this brush. It's a classic tool that distributes the natural oils in your hair and gives a soft finish after styling.” —Erika Vedaa
“It’s beautiful and functional. Great for blowouts as it’s made with natural boar bristles and distributes scalp oils evenly for shiny looking hair.” —Katelyn Stefani, Customer Service Director
To shop these brands, and all other hair tools, click here.