Shop Men's here.
You prep, polish, and pamper your skin with more beauty products than can fit in your vanity; you load your kids up with SPF every day before they head out to conquer the world; even the family dog takes a trip to the groomer once a month … forgetting anyone?
Men might be the last people you think of when it comes to primping and priming, but sometimes they need it more than anyone else! From shaving their face every morning, to working in the yard on weekends - their skin takes a beating and rarely gets relief! This week's 'Top Picks' post is dedicated to Men's skincare products your guy will love, and his skin will thank you for.
Art of Shaving Mid-Size Kit: A perfect place to start, this all-in-one kit includes travel sizes of top-selling Art of Shaving must-haves: Pre-Shave Oil, Shaving Cream, After-Shave Balm, and Shaving Brush. Known to provide optimal shaving results and help to prevent ingrown hairs, razor burn, and nicks, your man can sample these selections before purchasing the full-size versions. We love the Lemon or Lavender for summertime.
Blind Barber Watermint Gin Facial Cleanser: NEW to b-glowing.com, this multipurpose cleanser smells delicious and fresh, but not overpowering. Gentle enough for twice-daily use, this cleanser flights acne, hydrates, and leaves the skin feeling cool and fresh. Great for hot, sunny days!
J Paul Guard - Face & Body Lotion: A moisturizer and SPF for face and body all-in-one! We love this multipurpose, non-greasy formula that protects your man all over in one simple step. This water-resistant skin-saver packs-in SPF 20 AND nourishing ingredients to keep his skin supple and smooth - which you'll both appreciate.
Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10 Nourishing Oil: Women have recognized the benefits of facial and hair oils for years. Here's the Men's option! Formulated with 10 natural oils, this lightweight, fast-absorbing product both hydrates the skin, protects from harsh environmental elements, and improves the skin's overall appearance. Great for soothing the skin post-shave, and for taming crazy hair days!
Shop the LVX 2013 Summer Collection here.
We love all six of these runway-inspired shades because they are unique, and will transition easily from summer to fall. For this fan brush manicure tutorial we chose to highlight a few of our personal favorites: Celeste, Deco, and Mynt. These colors together have a bright, tropical feel that is classic enough to wear out or to the office.
- 3 nail polish colors of your choice (Celeste, Deco, & Mynt shown)
- Fan brush (available at beauty or supply stores)
- Nail lacquer remover
- Palette for mixing polish (nonporous surface you don't mind putting polish on)
1. Always start with clean, buffed, and filed nails. In order to ensure a smooth application, remove excess cuticles and apply your favorite base coat. We used butter LONDON’s Melt Away Cuticle Eliminator and Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat.
2. Next, apply one even coat of Polish #1 (Celeste) to all ten nails. Because you are going to be designing on top of this color with your other two shades, you don’t want too much polish build-up. One coat is sufficient for a mani like this, especially when using opaque colors.
3. Let your nails dry for at least 15 minutes before doing any designing. We let our nails dry for an hour to ensure the first layer was set.
4. Now that your nails are dry, you can start designing with the fan brush tool. Dab out a generous amount of Polish #2 (Deco) and Polish #3 (Mynt) onto your palette. Staff Tip: After a little experimenting we found it was easier to apply one color at a time, but if you feel like mixing, go for it!
5. Make sure your fan brush has enough space between the bristles to create a feathered effect. We suggest getting it wet before using in order to separate the bristles. Carefully dip the center bristles into Polish #2 (Deco), making sure to only pick up polish on the tips of the bristles. Next, gently drag the brush across your nail from one side to the other. We did horizontal lines, but vertical looks great too!
6. Repeat this step with your Polish #3 (Mynt). This is when you will truly see the wispy design begin to appear! Continue dipping and dragging until you achieve your desired design. Staff Tip: It is handy to keep a dish of nail lacquer remover to cleanse the brush of polish before re-dipping to avoid buildup. We used Deborah Lippmann The Stripper Lavender Nail Lacquer Remover.
7. Once all three layers have dried, make sure to finish-off the nails with a glossy top coat. You want all that work to last as long as possible! We used butter LONDON’s Hardware PD Quick Topcoat to prevent chipping and protect our design.
Ready to rock this look? Shop our wide range of available nail lacquers to get started!
Shop b-glowing.com here.
From Blake Lively's beauty secrets, to O Magazine's favorite mascara, b-glowing.com brands were scattered all over the press last week. Find out what hot summer must-haves are making headlines here!
Glamour magazine shared the ins and outs of actress Blake Lively's beauty routine in 'Blake's DIY Beauty School'.
Mason Pearson Handy Mixture Bristle & Nylon Brush: Blake Lively swears by this world-renowned beauty tool to get her fabulous hair looking perfect every time. "I tease my hair one or two strokes with a Mason Pearson brush, then go over the top layer lightly to make it look like a natural mess, like the wind blew it."
O Magazine shared their top beauty picks for the season in 'O, Beautiful'.
Blinc Mascara: O Magazine editors tested this water-resistant staff favorite and declared it smudge-proof! This unique formula coats your lashes, creating "tubes" that encase each individual lash with a protected shield. Perfect for summer activities or special occasions!
Kevyn Aucoin The Volume Mascara: This fabulous volumizing mascara has a huge cult following, and we know why. The unique, super skinny brush catches every lash and coats it effortlessly, giving even the smallest lashes an amplified look. You'll reveal lashes you didn't even know you had! We love how this wand works on our bottom lashes too!
Harper's Bazaar Interiors gives readers an inside look at the 'Top 5 Most Innovative Brands' in the fragrance industry.
Etat Libre d'Orange: This revolutionary Paris-based fragrance brand prides itself on ignoring conventionality, and offers their perfumers "complete creative freedom to play with their own personal fantasies and develop original, provocative scents." Discover this wonderful range of scents through the Etat Libre d'Orange Gift Box, which includes 10 fragrances! Also makes a fabulous gift.
Read more 'Hot Off the Press' posts here!