MAKE BEAUTY. ESCAPE NYC: Official Rules
OFFICIAL RULES *NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: “b-glowing MAKE BEAUTY. ESCAPE” is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least twenty one (21) years of age or older as of 6/4/2013 and are current ‘fans’ of b-glowing.com on the Facebook social network. All employees of b-glowing, their affiliates, sales representatives, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these "Official Rules".
2. SPONSOR: b-glowing is the “Sponsor” of this sweepstakes. The Sponsor can be contacted at 1231 NW Hoyt St, Suite 406, Portland, OR 97209.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 12:00 p.m. PST on June 4, 2013 and ends at 12:00 a.m. PST on July 1, 2013 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted during the Sweepstakes Period.
4. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: You may enter the Sweepstakes by completing all required entry fields under the ‘Win Me’ tab/icon on the b-glowing.com Facebook page during the Sweepstakes Period: All entries will automatically opt you into the free b-glowing email program. Limit one (1) entry per person and per e-mail address.
5. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS & ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner and (3) potential Runner Up Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about July 3, 2013. The potential winners will be selected from all eligible entries who took the required actions during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Sponsor does not determine or control the number of eligible entries received.
Subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Official Rules, the following prizes will be awarded:
- One (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) of one (1) trip for two (2) to New York City, NY, including: (A) four (4) nights/five (5) days in Executive King Room or Double Deluxe with two full beds at the CassaNY Hotel (including hotel-related taxes charged by CassaNY Hotel), (B) US domestic roundtrip coach airfare for two (2), and (C) basket of beauty products. The Grand Prize has an estimated value of $4750. The Winner is required to give one (1) months’ notice to Sponsor of desired travel dates. Grand Prize trip must be taken August 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014. Blackout dates apply of Sep 5-12, 2013, Sep 17-26, 2013, Nov 2, 2013, Dec 1-12, 2013, Jan 30-Feb 3, 2014, and May 19-23, 2014. Sponsor will book air transportation for the Winner.
Three (3) runner-up prizes (“Runner-Up Prizes”) of a basket of beauty products (estimated value $240 each).
The potential winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address provided on the Sweepstakes entry form. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of alternate winner(s) may result from any of the following: (A) a potential winner's failure to respond to email notification within three (3) days after its transmission; (B) the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (C) a potential winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (D) a potential Grand Prize Winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days after its transmission; (E) a potential Grand Prize winner’s failiure to provide timely notice to the Sponsor of his or her desired travel dates as specified above; (F) a potential winner’s failure to validly and timely claim his or her prize (i.e. by completing steps A – E); and (G) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
6. WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAXES/OTHER EXPENSES: All taxes on the prizes, if any, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using a prize not listed in these rules, including, but not limited to, meals, gratuities, and ground transportation, are the sole responsibility of each winner. All prizes will be awarded, provided that they are validly claimed by July 22, 2013, after which no alternate winner will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
7. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each Grand Prize Winner and Runner-Up Winner by accepting the Grand Prize or Runner Up Prizes grants to the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant's name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, "Licensed Rights") in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of any Grand Prize Winner or Runner Up Winner.
8. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor, Sponsor’s agents, or employees are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. The Sponsor, Sponsor’s agents, or employees are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information.
9. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS, SPONSOR INDEMNIFICATION & CHOICE OF LAW PROVISION: By entering, each entrant and winner agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Sponsor’s agents, and Sponsor’s employees from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes, (ii) entrant’s use or redemption of any prize, or (iii) entrant's participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). Additionally, all prize winners personally assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, allegedly caused by, or in any way relating to: (i) participating in this Sweepstakes; (ii) use or redemption of any prize; and, (iii) entrant’s participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person (s)).
Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Oregon without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of Oregon. All taxes are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner, who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize, if applicable.
11. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “MAKE BEAUTY.ESCAPE” c/o b-glowing, 1231 NW Hoyt St, Suite 406, Portland OR 97209. Requests for winners' lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.