We’re visionaries, strategists, and problem solvers who are reinventing the online beauty experience. We pride ourselves on being resourceful, flexible and creative, all while maintaining a financially healthy business. At b-glowing, we value trust, respect, and continuous improvement—both for ourselves and our jobs. We offer a strong, supportive work environment that allows you to grow, learn, and be self-empowered. If you like summer hours, company parties, and holiday dinners at some of the best eateries in the world, we think you'd love it here.
And though it goes without saying, we offer a generous benefits program, including company paid healthcare and 401k and profit sharing.
We are currently hiring a Customer Service Representative
Reports to: VP Ecommerce
Status: Full-time, 10:30am-7:00pm, M-F (training hours will be 8:30am-5pm M-F)
Job Summary: This role will provide general office support mainly in the customer service and data-entry functions, representing our brand in voice and written word to vendors and customers.
- Be the first point of contact for customers on phone, email, live chat, blogs, and social forums
- Respond to customer inquiries, including product questions, returns, billing questions, and placing customer orders
- Research and resolve customer issues accordingly in order management systems, inventory systems, and payment systems
- Respond to customer questions/requests for product recommendations, beauty advice, etc.
- Perform daily tasks including fraud review
- Partner with warehouse to resolve customer order-related shipping issues
- Ad-hoc data-entry of product information into proprietary web system, and other 3rd party systems
- Keep up-to-date on products and brands
- Provide support to marketing, brand, and operations teams as needed
- Provide general office assistance as appropriate and needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 yrs work experience in an office setting; beauty retailer experience a bonus
- Passion for Customer Service with proven exemplary customer service
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proper grammar and spelling accuracy
- Proficient in MS Office Skills, including Word and Excel, and Google Docs
- Extremely comfortable working with multiple computer systems concurrently
- Excellent organizational skills, including multi-tasking
- Great attitude and ‘can do’ approach with problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, and a team player
- Ability to work quickly and accurately; attention to detail required
- Mandarin language ability a plus
We are currently hiring a Copywriter
Reports to: Creative Director
Job Summary: Responsible for marketing copy, overall brand voice, social and SEO copy.
- Build and maintain b-glowing.com’s brand voice across all consumer-facing touch-points
- Collaborate with Creative, Marketing, and Merchandising departments to help turn marketing concepts into a reality
- Provide engaging text and concepts for marketing campaigns, product launches, promotions, brand bios, blog stories, social, SEO, and onsite content
- Create compelling content and tutorials for a mainly female audience and keep up-to-date on the latest beauty trends and topics
- Help manage and organize multiple marketing calendars
- Juggle multiple projects effectively and meet daily deadlines
- Day-to-day support and collaboration with Creative Director and Graphic Designer on various projects
- Research, write, post, and link SEO-friendly blog content using WordPress
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years professional writing experience. Beauty industry experience highly desired
- Self-starter who can write independently and meet deadlines
- Appreciate feedback and enjoy collaborating and brainstorming with small groups
- Strong understanding of SEO-friendly writing
- Strategic, intelligent, proactive and have strong initiative
- High proficiency in Google Suite
- Superior written and verbal skills
- High level of maturity and diplomacy
- Strong Interest in fashion, beauty, social media and pop culture
- Organized, able to independently determine priorities
- Team-focused, positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Willing to work in downtown Portland, OR – this is not a freelance or satellite position
We are currently hiring a Supply Chain Analyst
We are looking for a candidate who is excited about tackling the analysis and optimization of our Supply Chain. You are someone who enjoys digging into complex problems and working with a highly motivated team to create solutions to drive the efficiency of the Supply Chain. You enjoy analyzing data and understand the difference between a Poisson and an Exponential distribution. You want to create robust solutions that are resilient to changes in the marketplace.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and a high ability for data mining.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Excellent Microsoft Office/PC skills, including strong working knowledge of Excel and VBA.
- Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or other business/analytical discipline.
- Good team player and the ability to work with a wide cross-section of people in various locations
- Creative and ideas-driven in finding new solutions/ designing innovative methods, systems and processes.
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.