Our Shadow Illusions mani is a super sleek and easy way to use this new collection to create a look with depth and a little mystery. These colors are great for fall, and add a vampy futuristic look to your nails. The deep purple of the bramble really complements the almost holographic oil spill that is petrol, creating an indigo-violet effect. With a quick glance at the nails, they even appear 3D. How cool is that?
- For this simple mani, all you need is base/top coat and the new Illusionist collection. We used the color bramble and the top coat petrol.
- Always start with clean, buffed and filed nails, and to ensure your mani lasts, don’t forget to push those cuticles back.
- First apply a thin even base coat to each nail and let set to achieve a smooth base.
- Next apply 1 coat of bramble to each nail. You can do two coats if there are spots, but because you are going to layer, you don’t want too much lacquer buildup. This is a very opaque color so one coat should suffice.
- Wait for your first coat of bramble to dry before applying the sheer purple topcoat petrol.
- For this mani, we want to give the illusion of a shadow to give depth to the iridescence of the petrol lacquer. To achieve this, start very carefully toward the bottom of the nail near the cuticle and leave ¼ inch strip of bramble. This will be your shadow. You can use tape to mark this off if you do not feel comfortable free-handing it.
- You want to pull directly up from the line you have created to the free edge of the nail. Make sure to do two coats and to start your second coat from the same line.
- Once both coats of petrol have dried, add a shiny top coat to seal in your new look!
Anxious to get the look? Shop butter London now.