The HairMax LaserBand 82 is a highly effective device when used correctly. It is manufactured using precision components and should last 10-15 years with normal use. Please take time to read the User Manual before operating the LaserBand. Use the LaserBand 82 for less than 90 seconds, 3 times a week, ideally every other day (for example Monday, Wednesday, Friday).
For Maximum Benefit:
- Scalp should be freshly-washed (hair can be wet, dry or damp).
- Use the LaserBand prior to applying styling products (these can build up and impede the laser light).
- Regularly clean the laser window with a damp cloth. Do not use harsh detergents or cleaning products on any part of the LaserBand.
Before beginning treatment, test the LaserBand for sensitivity (see page 5) of the User Manual. Next, press the power button once to activate the 4-second treatment method OR twice for the 30-second treatment method. See Page 11 of the User Manual for a more in-depth explanation of the two treatment methods. NOTE - POSITION THE LASERBAND GWITH THE POWER BUTTON ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF YOUR HEAD.
4-Second Treatment Method
Press the power button once to select the 4-second treatment method. Place the LaserBand at your hairline and leave it in place until it vibrates. Next, slide the LaserBand to the middle portion of your scalp using light pressure so the teeth can separate your hair. When your LaserBand vibrates again, slide it to the last spot on your scalp. This completes the first pass of your treatment. Repeat this process 6 times to complete today’s treatment.
30-Second Treatment Method
Press the power button twice to select the 30-second treatment method. Place the LaserBand at your hairline and leave it in place until it vibrates. Next, slide the LaserBand to the middle portion of your scalp using light pressure so the teeth can separate your hair. When your LaserBand vibrates again, slide it to the last spot on your scalp. You have completed today’s treatment.
After treatment, turn off the LaserBand by pressing and holding the power button until the indicator light turns off. Remove the LaserBand from your head and plug it into the charger for future use.
Charge your LaserBand for 2-3 hours before initial use. Charge the LaserBand by plugging the power cord directly into the charging socket on the bottom right side of the LaserBand. Plug the other end into an electrical socket. The indicator light on the power button will flash blue during the charging process. A steady blue light indicates your LaserBand is fully charged.
- The time required for treatment with the HairMax LaserBand is less than 90 seconds.
- The LaserBand will automatically turn off after 5 minutes.
- While there are no negative effects from overuse, it is recommended that you use the LaserBand according to directions.
- The LaserBand has advanced electronics to ensure the device is working properly. If for some reason you are experiencing difficulties with your device, before sending it back to us for repair, refer to the troubleshooting section of your User Manual on Page 14.